Pages

Saturday, August 28, 2010

The beginning

Being the non-writing type, I wasn't sure what would compel me to want to blog at fairly frequent intervals... "so why blog at all" I often thought to myself? I do have opinions on a variety of subjects, but general opinion sharing on the web with an unfamiliar audience does not interest me. I've never had a problem with freely expressing myself, hence resorting to blogging as a medium of self expression held little value for me. This, in a nutshell, probably explains why I did not get on to the blogosphere earlier.

If I have to dig deeper and deeper into what I actually do for a living... it really boils down to finding solutions to problems. Call it operations management, project management, service delivery, escalation management, strategic business development, client management, SLA compliance, workflow management... or anything else; it all really boils down to how quickly and effectively I can resolve issues (present and future). While there is a long way to go, I guess I'm not so bad at it considering the fact that my employer choose to recognize my contributions on 2 occasions (besides getting high performance ratings through the years). The first was when I was awarded the Values Champion award in July 2008 for walking the talk and the second in Aug 2010 for displaying outstanding leadership.

"It would be so cool if I could extend my 2 bits of wisdom to folks outside my organization and actually make a difference to their professional lives. Now, how do I reach out to someone out there who I do not know, but who may benefit from what I have to share?" This question has led to my coming alive in this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment